I am planning this activity for a mock trial for my year 8 students, but I need some more characters to have about twenty-five roles. Who do you think I could add?
Any other halfway sensible suggesting are welcome, too.
Crown vs Baker
- Rick Baker: accused of stealing a bicycle from the fish and chip shop at 1:20pm. Pleading not guilty
- Martha Davis: Ricky’s mother, saw him at 12:55pm on that day.
- Antonio Ricci: owner of the stolen bicycle. Left it outside the fish and chip shop at 1:05pm and found it missing at 1:30pm
- Judge Reinhold: judge of this case
- Atticus Finch: lawyer for the defence
- Horace Rumpole: lawyer for the defence
- Jack McCoy: lawyer for the prosecution
- Claire Kincaid: lawyer for the prosecution
- Christine Cagney: police officer who arrested Ricky. Found the missing red bike on the footpath in front of Ricky’s house.
- Samuel Lapp: witness who saw Ricky riding a red bike. He is 31 years old and a professional artist.
- Rachel Lapp: witness who saw Ricky riding a green bike. She is 59 years old and jogs every day.
- Joyce Byers: witness who saw the bike locked out outside the fish and chip shop at 1:00pm
- Al Gore: witness who saw Victor Ray riding a red bike away from town at 1:30pm. He is 68 years old.
- Janine ‘Smurf’ Cody: seen by Pauline Hanson outside the fish and chip shop around midday.
- Pauline Hanson: runs the fish and chip shop. Noticed Victor at midday near the shop and remembers serving at about 1pm.
- Sonny Corleone: says he was with Ricky from 1:15 to 1:45 at the skate park, 2 minutes away from the fish and chip shop.
- Paul Simon: police officer who collected fingerprints from the recovered bicycle. Found one clear print from Ricky, one from Janine ‘Smurf’ Cody, and one from Christine Cagney.
- Jimmy Rabbit: a friend of Antonio Ricci, was with him and the fish and chip shop. Did not see Janine ‘Smurf’ Cody or Ricky Baker there.
- Steve Coogan: was at the skate park from 12:00 until 2.00, and does not remember anyone else there.
- Howard Cunningham: hardware store owner who sold three pairs of bolt cutters that weekend, but has no record of who he sold them to.
- Kylie Minogue: Ricky’s neighbour, who saw Ricky ride a bike past her house at exactly midday. She is not sure what colour the bike was.
- Julia Roberts: Antonio’s best friend. Said that Antonio told her that he had a plan to get a new bike, which struck her as odd.
- Alfred Hitchcock: seen on the street (NPC)
- Casey Donovan: the local troubadour, busking near the fish and chip, and suspects Ricky Baker took money from her guitar case.
- Louis Lane: Write up the story of the case for the local newspaper, without naming any minors.
- It is 3 kilometres from Ricky’s house to the fish and chip shop.
- The town-hall clock rings every day at midday, and can be heard through the entire town.
- It is very busy outside the fish and chip shop around lunchtime.
- Ricky already owns an old bike.
- Julia Roberts used to be friends with Steve Coogan.
- Matha Davis is always losing her watch.